Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) is a cultivated perennial lemon scented herb. Records concerning its medicinal use date back over 2000 years, including a recommendation by Paracelsus (1493–1541) that lemon balm would completely revivify a man and should be used for “all complaints supposed to proceed from a disordered state of the nervous system”. Several herbal apothecaries have attributed the plant with general beneficial effects upon the brain including specific improvements to memory*
* Kennedy D.O., Scholey A.B. The Psychopharmacology of European herbs with cognition-enhancing properties. Curr. Pharm. Des. 2006;12:4613–4623. doi: 10.2174/138161206779010387.
According to a study by Nursing and Midwifery Faculty, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran Iran
The results of the study showed a
significant difference was observed with reduced levels of sleep disorders amongst the experimental group when compared to the placebo group.
Make a nighttime Tea
Add to your teapot
- 2 teaspoons of Lemon Balm c/s
- 2 teaspoons of Rooibos Tea
- 1 teaspoon of Blue Vervain cs/
- Steep with boiling water for 4-5 minutes