Wintergreen Herb: Natures Cooling Power!
Wintergreen Herb (gaultheria procumbens) is a small evergreen plant native to North America. It is known for its aromatic leaves and bright red berries, which are used to make tea, oil, and other herbal products. The oil extracted from the leaves contains an active ingredient called methyl salicylate, which has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce pain and inflammation associated with arthritis. Wintergreen herb also contains vitamins A, C, E as well as minerals like calcium and magnesium which makes it beneficial for overall health
- Supports immunity boost through antioxidant properties
- Adds subtle minty flavor to recipes when used fresh or dried
- Decongestant qualities can soothe chest and nasal congestion
- Essential for making a traditional holiday concoction – “Wassail Punch”
- Natural analgesic properties help relieve body aches and pains