It is absolutely stunning the amount of nutrition that is in Chia seeds.
Chia Seeds are a very simple and powerful way to add more nutrition to your diet
Chia seeds have many valuable reasons to consume them.
1. They have the ability to slow down digestion which can prevent blood sugar spikes.
2. Because they expand when they come in contact with liquid means they fill up your stomach which helps to create that full feeling
3. 1 ounce provides 42% of your dietary fiber needs. This is so important in children to help prevent constipation ( and in big people too!)
4. They are a great source of Omega- 3 fatty acids containing close to 5 grams per one ounce serving. It's good for brain power and heart health.
5. They contain good amounts of calcium, manganese, phosphorous all which maintain healthy bones and teeth.
6. Chia seeds are also a nice source of protein with out cholesterol and animal fat.
7. Since Chia seeds can help control blood sugar spikes and stabilizes the sugar in your blood, it fights the insulin resistance which can contribute to a fat belly. Chai contains tryptophan which helps control appetite.
8. Chia seeds have a shelf life of 2-4 years.
10 They provide extended energy. Their nickname was "Aztec running" food. The Aztec messengers would eat chia seeds as they ran from village to village.
11. Eating Chia seeds can prevent premature skin aging because of its high antioxidants that reduce inflammation due to free radicals.
Before you go to bed put a big tablespoon full of chia seeds in a cup of coconut or almond milk. You can also use regular milk. Stir and then let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.
Just before you serve it add fresh fruit.
( I really like the chocolate coconut milk.. the breakfast tastes like chocolate pudding!)
sandwich spread, or peanut butter or jellies.
Add Chia seeds to your guacamole or salsa.
This is wonderful versatile super food!
We have an excellent grade of chia seeds for our customers on this page.
Who has the best chia seeds? Glenbrook Farms