This is a Glenbrook Favorite!
Omg! This is so good! It makes a great Fall and Winter Soup, so comforting and nourishing!
2 tablespoons of butter
1 cup of chopped onions
1/2 cup of chopped celery
1/2 cup of chopped carrots
1 teaspoon of Glenbrook's Curry powder
1 tsp of Glenbrook's Pumpkin Pie spice
2 15-oz cans of pumpkin
2 14 -oz chicken broth
2/3 cup of water
1 cup of light cream or half and half
1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- In the soup pot melt butter, add onion, carrot, and celery
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until vegetables are
- softened. Add curry and pumpkin pie spice. Cook and stir until well blended about 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin, broth, and water. Turn the heat up to bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let this gently simmer for about 15minutes. Cover the pot.
- Remove from heat and then cup full by cup full add to a blender to puree the soup. You want a nice smooth texture.
- Return back to the soup pot and add half and half, salt and pepper
- Sprinkle serving with some crushed walnuts, or dried cherries or cranberries, or parsley.