Red Pepper Meatballs and Vodka Sauce
Here is a good way to 'yuck free' your Italian night. This recipe makes you feel like you're eating in an upscale Italian restaurant. The secret is in the sauce. BOVE'SVodka sauce is unbelievable and completely all natural. You may not see this in stores, but let me tell you it is worth it to order it online. Once you taste this you will never have to pay someone to make Italian for you again, unless you happen to be in Burlington, VT and you're actually eating at Bove's.
Red Pepper Meatballs and Vodka Sauce Recipe
1 lb ground beef
(go for organic if you can, next best thing would be hormone, antibiotic, preservative and additive free)
1/4 of a large red pepper finely diced
1/4 cup bread crumbs (I use Ian's naturals.)
3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp Worcestershire (Lea & Perrins brand is all natural)
1 tsp Italian Seasoning blend
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
Pasta & Sauce Ingredients:
3/4 of a large red pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
10 oz Farfelle Pasta
(I used Field Day Organics Farfelle but you can use any pasta that is yuck free. In my book good pasta really only has 2 ingredients Durum Semolina and water.)
1 jar of Bove's Vodka Sauce
- Place oven on broil and move oven rack to top shelf.
- Cut a quarter of the red pepper off, dice and set aside.
- Take remaining part of pepper and place it cut side down on a baking sheet, spritz with olive oil.
- Broil the pepper for 5 minutes or until char marks appear. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Move oven rack back to the middle position and set oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine meatball ingredients as listed above.
- Mix the ingredients with hands and roll out golf ball sized meatballs and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Start a pot of water for your pasta and cook as directed. This can be done at the same time the meatballs are cooking.
- Cut up the roasted red pepper into chunks.
- Drain your pasta.
- Combine the pasta, roasted red pepper, vodka sauce and meatballs in a pot and heat until completely warmed.
- Serve with a little garlic bread.